Specific User Trace and multiple radiusd instant

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Tue May 15 07:41:09 CEST 2012

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 8:34 AM, 全球无线联盟 <2394263740 at qq.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> We use below freeradius. It works well. The OS is Linux Enterprise 5.4.

5.4? really? why not update?

> Thanks.
> freeradius2.x86_64                         2.1.12-3.el5

these packages should come post-5.4. Are you only updating select
packages? why not update everything?

Try http://freeradius.org/radiusd/man/raddebug.html

> 2. We tried to run multiple radiusd at same server while the second failed.

duh :P

> Can anyone advise how to configure the server to run multiple radiusd
> simultaneously?

Depends on what you need.

In short, each instance needs its own resource (e.g. ports/sockets,
log files, etc). There are ways to do that manually (e.g. editing
radiusd.conf, customized init scripts, etc.).

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, I actually suggest you
just use virtualization. lxc, in particular, has very little overhead,
and depending on your skills, managing multiple virtual environment
might be easier than managing several customized FR instances.

--
Fajar