Specific User Trace and multiple radiusd instant

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Tue May 15 08:27:45 CEST 2012

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 1:21 PM, James J J Hooper
<jjj.hooper at bristol.ac.uk> wrote:
> On 15/05/2012 02:34, 全球无线联盟 wrote:
>>

>> 2. We tried to run multiple radiusd at same server while the second
>> failed. Can anyone advise how to configure the server to run multiple
>> radiusd simultaneously?
>

> Why do you need to do this? FreeRADIUS has "virtual-server" functionality,
> so you can create separate logical instances running a single daemon.

I can't speak for the Tom, but there are legitimate use cases for this.

For example, currently FR does not have limit for a particular virtual
server, port, or purpose (i.e. auth vs acct); everything uses the same
server thread pool. There can be cases where acct packets flood the
server and use up all available server threads, so that all further
packets (including auth packets, which should need less resource
compared to acct) is rejected. In this case it might be desirable to
have separate instance for auth and acct.

--
Fajar