return list

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue May 15 08:37:21 CEST 2012

Luo, Frank Y.F. Mr. wrote:
> I have a senario, no ldap schema extension is wanted ( no ldap group or profile is wanted);
> we do use ldap authentication though;  and it works fine.
> after authentication, we need to check one ldap attribute like "vpn" and and return "class: ou={ldap vpn value}" back to the radius client (the cisco concentrator).
>
> So in the sites_avaiable/default, I have this
>
> post-auth {
>     update reply {
>         class = "ou=%Profile"
> }

  Well, that's wrong.  See "man unlang" for documentation.

  And the Profile attribute doesn't exist.

> and in ldap.attrmap, i have
>
> replyItem	Profile 			VPN
>
> There must a syntax error on how to refer a ldap attribute value here. since what I got is this
>
> # Executing section post-auth from file /opt/freeradius/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default
> +- entering group post-auth {...}
> WARNING: Unknown variable '%P': See 'doc/variables.txt'

  And WHAT is unclear about that message?  Did you bother to READ the
file "doc/variables.txt"?

> Any clue how to implement this?

  The server is telling you to read documentation.  Go read it.  The
answers are there.  See also "man unlang"

  You've managed to make a number of different mistakes in the config.
And then compounded that by NOT reading the documentation that tells you
how to fix those mistakes.