Post-crash investigations

Julien Cornuwel cornuwel at gmail.com
Tue May 15 14:21:40 CEST 2012

Thanks to both of you for taking the time to answer.

> I would strongly recommend you migrate to FR 2.1.12 - not only is it maintained, with
> latest features, bug fixes etc but it is also faster.

Unfortunately, this is not an option. HPIDM3 (a radius plugin provided
by HP) doesn't work with Radius 2, and there is no way we can buy the
upgrade to HPIDM4 any time soon. So I'm stuck with 1.1.x
Anyway, I can live with a server that crashes once in a while, as long
as I can detect it. The default timeout on the switches is 60 seconds,
which is plenty enough to start a daemon and move a virtual IP...

This brings me back to my second question: how do you monitor your
Radius servers ? I haven't been able to find anything except very
basic Nagios checks...

Regards,