Conditionally passing custom attributes

Jeremy Guthrie jeremy.guthrie at cdw.com
Thu May 17 16:25:57 CEST 2012

Alan, I have asked Chad to ask out here.  I have a stringent business
requirement to live within a patch channel that is being maintained by
SuSE.  So while yes, we could compile the latest and greatest, I have to
balance that that against the workload and management of a pile of other
packages.  Relying on the SuSE patch channel solves a ton of issues for
me as it relates to effort, tracking security vulnerabilities, and
compliance which all roll into cost.  I've got hundreds of RADIUS
servers out in the field and we rely on it heavily.  We're very happy
with freeradius.  It works very well however we have just found a
product that is having some issues we'd like to get to the root of.  If
it comes down to the release that SuSE's package of it isn't a good one,
then we'd talk about internally upgrading freeradius or doing something
else with the product we are trying to manage.

At this point we have got this one product we need to see if we can get
working.  If you are looking for more information or other things you'd
ask we do before posting to the list, we'd be happy to comply but I
cannot afford self-packaging freeradius at this point.  :(

--
*Jeremy Guthrie*
Technical Architect - Orchestration | *CDW*