How do I set a reply attribute that is not sent in the Access-Accept

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon May 21 14:46:20 CEST 2012

niall el-assaad wrote:
> Thanks, I knew where the dictionaries are and read that file.

  Well... read it again.  It's pretty clear.

> Is there a vendor number that I would use that FreeRADIUS would know not
> to send in the access-accept message?

  Uh... no.  Because the attributes in raddb/dictionary are for that
purpose.

> This is the bit I can't find.

  Because it makes no sense.

  What part of these comments are unclear?

#	If you want to add entries to the dictionary file,
#	which are NOT going to be placed in a RADIUS packet,
#	add them here.

  Your requirement is to have attributes NOT sent in an Acccess-Accept.
 So... use the numbers as documented in that file.

  Using vendor-specific attributes for that is pointless, wrong,
inconsistent, incorrect, broken, and generally a bad idea.