Test Client which supports PAP Access-Challenge

Matthew Newton mcn4 at leicester.ac.uk
Mon May 21 15:23:12 CEST 2012

Hi Thomas,

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 02:41:26PM +0200, Thomas Glanzmann wrote:
> > You should not be getting a challenge with PAP, so there is no need
> > for a test client for it.
>
> for Citrix Netscaler and VMware View 5.1 if you want to support
> two-factor authentication for example with rlm_smsotp this is necessary.

Hmm interesting - thanks. New one to me.

> However there is currently no test client for it that I'm aware of. The
> Net::Radius::Packet perl library is probably the quickest approch to get
> something working, I'll post it here, if I got one.

Looks like radclient has support:

radclient.c:1007

        } else if (strcmp(argv[2], "challenge") == 0) {
                if (server_port == 0) server_port = getport("radius");
                if (server_port == 0) server_port = PW_AUTH_UDP_PORT;
                packet_code = PW_ACCESS_CHALLENGE;

So use 'challenge' instead of acct, auth, status, etc.

Cheers,

Matthew

--
Matthew Newton, Ph.D. <mcn4 at le.ac.uk>

Systems Architect (UNIX and Networks), Network Services,
I.T. Services, University of Leicester, Leicester LE1 7RH, United Kingdom

For IT help contact helpdesk extn. 2253, <ithelp at le.ac.uk>