How to proxy according to attribute value?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue May 22 17:22:08 CEST 2012

mimir wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to proxy accounting packets according to Calling-Station-Id
> attribute. I first think that I must use keyed-balance method for this.

  No.  You need to set Proxy-To-Realm.  That tells the server to proxy.

  The keyed-balance configuration is a method of proxying.

> I set realm as below:
> home_server_pool vas1 {
>         type = keyed-balance
>         home_server = vas1 ---> I want to send acct pkgs with calling-st-id
> like 1234%
>         home_server = vas2 ----> I want to send acct pkgs with calling-st-id
> like 0000%
> }

  That's not how keyed-balance works.  Read the documentation.  If you
want 50% of the packets to go to destination A, then list "home_server =
a" as 50% of the servers in the home_server_pool.

> but, I could not find how to differentiate the key, and select the
> home_server.

  You don't.  They keyed-balance method hashes the data, and selects a
home server based on the hash.

> can you please help on this issue? I am on a wrong way ?

  The approach is right.  I'm not sure you really understand the
comments in proxy.conf.  That would help.