more EAP/TTLS trouble

Steve Hopps steve.hopps at gmail.com
Wed May 30 14:44:50 CEST 2012

We're trying to use an access point configured for wpa2 using freeradius to
authenticate with openldap. For Android and Linux it works out of the box
with eap/ttls and pap. So we used Pam cause it already works with ldap. I
didn't know other encryption types wouldn't work with Pam.

IPhones work with a custom config profile that's easily installed. However,
our most significant hurdle is windows machines. Who would have guessed???
For some stupid reason Microsoft doesn't care about supporting all modern
encryption standards. Making our staff pay for SecureW2 isn't an option and
XSupplicant doesn't work reliably yet in 64bit Win7. So I'm back to trying
to get mschapv2 working with peap. This seems impossible.