more EAP/TTLS trouble

Steve Hopps steve.hopps at gmail.com
Wed May 30 16:13:53 CEST 2012

It's a frustrating situation because if Windows were to support all of
the encryption features that their competition does, indeed, that my
_phone_ supports, I would not need to compromise. I personally believe
a company can deliver a top product without sacrificing their profit
margin. Microsoft falls short of this, and here we have a perfect
example of precisely how. I also think their tiered version method
they introduced with Vista is dishonest, as a result of this. But
we're getting off track.

It's too bad the XSupplicant project is not yet to the point of
stability with Windows 7 64-Bit. I haven't had an opportunity to test
it with 32-Bit yet, I imagine it works okay with Windows XP, but many
of our employees are using Windows 7 on newer laptops. If that app
worked, this wouldn't be a problem. If you ask me, that is the nature
of the beast when it comes to computers. It'll work in a month, or a
year, or several years, but for now we just beat our heads against the
wall.

In quick response to Stefan, I'm not associated with eduroam, however,
I have found the eduroam instructions to be very helpful in getting
this working as far as I have. In particular, the iphone support. So
thanks for that. :)