Problem with FreeRadius and D-Link switch

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu May 31 13:16:58 CEST 2012

Jarosław Kłopotek wrote:
> I've got a problem with freeradius configuration:
> I've to build a login to D-Link 3526 using FreeRadius Server
>
> I've run freeradius -X my output is:
>
> #v+
> ++[preprocess] returns ok
> ++[chap] returns noop

  So... you've deleted most of the debug output.  Including the incoming
packet.

  That makes it pretty much impossible to help you.

> [files] users: Matched entry DEFAULT at line 172

  What is the entry at that line?

> ++[files] returns ok
> ++[expiration] returns noop
> ++[logintime] returns noop
> [pap] WARNING! No "known good" password found for the user.
> Authentication may fail because of this.

  That message should be clear.  What part of it is hard to understand?

> My settings from radius is:

  No, it's not.  It's from the "users" file.  There is no magic "radius"
setting.

  Use the correct terminology.  No one will understand you if you keep
saying "south" when you mean "north".  And you'll get lost, too.

> yarii Cleartext-Password := "somepass"
>         Crypt-Password := "something",
>         Auth-Type:= Local,

  That is wrong on many, many levels.  See "man users", and the other
examples in the "users" file.

> Anybody can help me? Where to find the problem?

  You didn't follow the existing examples, documentation, or FAQ.