rlm_perl added pairs disapear after eap authentication

Matthew Newton mcn4 at leicester.ac.uk
Thu May 31 19:29:44 CEST 2012

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 01:51:43PM +0200, Peter Kaagman wrote:
> I've tried several things to resolve this but with no result. One of
> which was running the perl code in a post-auth event. This resulted in
> something like 250 requests and the client not connecting.,

On the understanding (from above) that everything is working
except your perl code that is not setting the VLAN correctly, you
could try -

1. Remove everything related to the perl code, so the server
authenticates users correctly, but no VLAN is set.

2. Add something like

  update reply {
    Tunnel-Type := 13
    Tunnel-Medium-Type := 6
    Tunnel-Private-Group-Id := 999
  }

  to the outer post-auth section.

3. Verify that the server a) works, and b) sends the above
attributes in the Access-Accept (check the debug output).

4. Only after all the above, replace the update reply {} with
rlm_perl, and work on that. At this stage you know that setting
the AVPs there works, so if it's broken it must be your perl code
or rlm_perl settings :-)

Cheers,

Matthew

--
Matthew Newton, Ph.D. <mcn4 at le.ac.uk>

Systems Architect (UNIX and Networks), Network Services,
I.T. Services, University of Leicester, Leicester LE1 7RH, United Kingdom

For IT help contact helpdesk extn. 2253, <ithelp at le.ac.uk>