Password Scrambled - Shared Secrets Match

Matthew Newton mcn4 at leicester.ac.uk
Thu May 31 19:37:18 CEST 2012

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 04:34:54PM +0100, alan buxey wrote:
> > What am I doing wrong???
>
> you are checking the RIGHT shared secret on each system - and the right file on each system?
>
> (so many times someone has /etc/raddb/clients.conf and /usr/local/etc/raddb/clients.conf ....)

radiusd -X helps here of course (note about providing whole debug
output to list, again...) -

# radiusd -X
FreeRADIUS Version 2.2.0, for host x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, built on Apr 13 2012 at 16:42:24
Copyright (C) 1999-2009 The FreeRADIUS server project and contributors.
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
You may redistribute copies of FreeRADIUS under the terms of the
GNU General Public License v2.
Starting - reading configuration files ...
including configuration file /srv/radius/radiusd.conf
including configuration file /srv/radius/local/localserver.conf
including configuration file /srv/radius/proxy.conf
including configuration file /srv/radius/clients.conf
including files in directory /srv/radius/modules/
including configuration file /srv/radius/modules/acct_unique
including configuration file /srv/radius/modules/mschap
including configuration file /srv/radius/modules/files
including configuration file /srv/radius/modules/uol_log
including configuration file /srv/radius/modules/preprocess
including configuration file /srv/radius/modules/sradutmp

See where it's picking up clients.conf in at the top of the debug
output.

Then further down

radiusd: #### Loading Clients ####
 client 127.0.0.1 {
        require_message_authenticator = no
        secret = "testing123"
        shortname = "localhost"
        nastype = "other"

etc.

Matthew

--
Matthew Newton, Ph.D. <mcn4 at le.ac.uk>

Systems Architect (UNIX and Networks), Network Services,
I.T. Services, University of Leicester, Leicester LE1 7RH, United Kingdom

For IT help contact helpdesk extn. 2253, <ithelp at le.ac.uk>