2.2.0 config files

alan buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Fri Nov 2 09:37:06 CET 2012

Hi,
> A colleague was upgrading some boxes from (I think) 2.1.10 to 2.2.0, and
> says that expansions of the form %{Foo:-0} stopped working, and had to be
> replaced with %{%{Foo}:-0}

that expansion has been deprecated for ages - anyone running
a server with such an expansion will have, since 2.x got release
been getting a WARNING message if they ran in debug mode.

> Is that expected? I don't see anything in the ChangeLog, apart from
> 2.2.0 claims to be "100% configuration file compatible with 2.1.x"

native/provided configuration file I should think rather than covering
all local config possibilities that admins could have slipped into
their configs - at some point, deprecated means exactly that...no longer
supported and will stop working.

I use a test box with my config to check upgrades..

alan