EAP-SIM authentication failed

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Nov 6 13:30:02 CET 2012

On 06/11/12 10:55, Yann R. Moupinda wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> for my thesis i need to realize a EAP-SIM Authentication testbed. I'm
> using a Nokia E52 with EAP-SIM, a MIKROTIK router as access point and
> FreeRADIUS 2.1.10 as Radius server. I have added the necessary commands

Upgrade. Some fixes for EAP-SIM went into more recent versions.

> Access-Request' packets from MIKROTIK router and it also sent two
> 'Access-Challenge' packets back to the router. It seems the radius is
> waiting for next requests and then the authentication process just ends up.

Yes. The client stops responding, so you need to ask the client what the
problem is - but the EAP-SIM fixed might be the cause.

> so my questions are:
>
> -how many request packets are needed to complete the eap-sim authentication?

3, I think.

> -what should I configure to get more than 2 Access-Request

You don't. The client is stopping because it thinks something is wrong.
Upgrade to 2.2.0 and try again - if the same thing happens, you need to
debug on the client.