EAP-SIM authentication failed

Iliya Peregoudov iperegudov at cboss.ru
Thu Nov 8 07:40:26 CET 2012

I have the same problem with Nokia E51 handset. EAP-SIM authentication
interrupted by Nokia supplicant. Unfortunately there is no useful
diagnostic on the handset.

On other hand EAP-SIM authentication succeeds when I use wpa_supplicant
on Windows using smart card reader with the same SIM card I've used with
Nokia handset. Unfortunately I have neither iPhone nor Windows-based
handset to test EAP-SIM against.