ERROR: No authenticate method (Auth-Type) found for the request: Rejecting the user

alan buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Sat Nov 10 11:29:01 CET 2012

Hi,

>    I have just untarred the 2.2.0 tarball, and added just one line the users
>    file: gokul Cleartext-Password:="abcde"

at the top of the file...or at the bottom?  If you add it to the bottom then other
things in the file will prevent that user from being seen/used - add your test user/pass
to the top of the users file

you didnt give the full output of 'radiusd -X' either - I'm assuming that you are
editing the correct users file - eg /usr/local/etc/raddb/users  or /etc/raddb/users
and not the users file thats in the source directory...

alan