Concatenating/inserting strings with backslashes

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sat Nov 10 15:32:30 CET 2012

Brian Candler wrote:
> Here's something weird. I'm trying to concatenate some strings which contain
> <backslash> <n> (i.e.  not a newline).

  Well... that's all pretty hacky.  It's made worse by Reply-Message
being automatically expanded, whereas other attributes aren't.  Try your
tests below using Filter-Id, and they will be different.

  The server has grown over the years in a fairly ad-hoc way.  I welcome
suggestions for sanitizing how it deals with string.