Debian build the freeradius package with unixodbc support

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Wed Nov 14 03:58:25 CET 2012

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 4:22 AM, Dominick Rivard <drivard at datavalet.com> wrote:
> Here is what I am trying to achieve, we want to install freeradius using a
> Microsoft SQL backend. I read on the internet that we need to achieve this
> goal using the unixodbc driver.

That's not the only way.

unixodbc and iodbc are (mostly) driver-compatible.

> This is actually working. But I found out downloading the freeradius tarbal
> that it can't use the rlm_sql_unixodbc driver, because in the debian/rules
> file they compile it using the flag:
>
>     --without-rlm_sql_unixodbc

> Do you have any idea of what I am missing to compile it successfully?

Short version? Just run "apt-get install freeradius-iodbc", and
configure iodbc for mysql.

Long version: there are ways you can change the debian recipe to get
it to build odbc module (i.e. one of the requirements is that you need
to install unixodbc-dev first), but it's MUCH easier to just use
whatever the distro provide and support. Debian and Ubuntu has 2.1.12
with backported security patches, and 2.2.0 is available from my ppa:
https://launchpad.net/~freeradius/+archive/stable.

--
Fajar