building "master" under mock buildroot

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Nov 15 14:37:21 CET 2012

On 15/11/12 13:15, Alan DeKok wrote:
> Phil Mayers wrote:
>> Making all in src/include...
>> gmake[4]: *** [features.h] Error 1
>
>    Ah.  I had fixed that for the new make, but not the old system.  I've
> pushed a fix.

That's not it sadly :o(

>> More annoying, if I "mock shell" into the buildroot and re-try "make",
>> it all works fine. I can't see any obvious culprits such as an
>> environment variable further up.
>>
>> Does anyone have any idea what could cause the build to fail in this
>> way, with those gmake errors?
>
>    grep doesn't need "-o".  The mock shell probably implements a limited
> grep.

Well... it's hard to tell. The "mock" buildroot is just a minimal linux
install, but it has all the standard GNU utils - there's nothing weird
about /bin/grep in it.

I can't speak for what "rpmbuild" is setup to do inside "mock", however,
and I suspect that it might be aliasing or otherwise fiddling with what
"@grep" ends up pointing to. I've no idea how to troubleshoot that,
though...

I hate building software...