EAP-SIM authentication failed

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Nov 15 17:57:18 CET 2012

On 15/11/12 16:46, Yann R. Moupinda wrote:

> Has anyone an idea why the MAC not matches although Client and Server
> are using the same algorithm version (Version 1 mentioned in
> AT_VERSION_LIST from Server and in AT_SELECTED_VERSION from client) ?

It's probably a bug somewhere. Very likely, the wrong data is being fed
into the MAC at both ends.

Unfortunately, since FreeRADIUS works with *some* EAP-SIM/AKA
supplicants, I am guessing there are incompatible implementations out there.

You would need to read the SIM/AKA RFCs in detail, and possibly feed the
test data into FreeRADIUS to find the bug.