building "master" under mock buildroot

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Fri Nov 16 11:55:11 CET 2012

On 15 Nov 2012, at 18:21, Phil Mayers <p.mayers at IMPERIAL.AC.UK> wrote:

> On 15/11/12 17:20, Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:
>
>> Regarding the patches:
>> * grep works fine if you stick with BREs
>
> Sure, whatever works.
>
>> * PCAP_NETMASK_UNKNOWN is actually defined as:
>> #define PCAP_NETMASK_UNKNOWN	0xffffffff
>
> I was basing that off here:
>
> http://seclists.org/wireshark/2010/Jul/113
>
> ...which implies (at a quick glance) that you're expected to pass in "0" in older code. But I didn't "git log" the file to see what the old code did.
>
> Again - whatever works, not fussed.

Ah ok. I've seen people submitting similar patches to other projects that set all the bits high, but I guess the libpcap developers know best. It's not even used in radsniff unless people want to do their own custom ip filters.

>> In recent versions.
>>
>> * I'll pull the fixes for redis in manually (Thanks!)

> Yeah... I've got some more, but I'll wait until you've done your bit before opening a "pull".

Done. Yeah there were some pretty poor typos, looks like no one's actually tried to build that code in a while. We really need to get an automated build system setup again.

Even if the server is almost completely devoid of unit tests and functional tests we can at least make sure the modules compile.

-Arran