radwho: No configuration information in radutmp section of radiusd.conf

Angel L. Mateo amateo at um.es
Fri Nov 16 12:28:48 CET 2012

Hello,

	I have a problem with radwho since I upgraded from 2.1.10 to 2.2.0. The
same configuration (I'm trying now the default configuration installed
from ubuntu packages) works with version 2.1.10 and not with 2.2.0. The
error I get is;

radwho: No configuration information in radutmp section of radiusd.conf

	My config (for default virtual server) is:

authorize {
	preprocess
	chap
	mschap
	suffix
	eap {
		ok = return
	}
	unix
	files
	expiration
	logintime
	pap
}

authenticate {
	Auth-Type PAP {
		pap
	}
	Auth-Type CHAP {
		chap
	}
	Auth-Type MS-CHAP {
		mschap
	}
	unix
	eap
}

preacct {
	preprocess
	suffix
	files
}

accounting {
	detail
	unix
	#radutmp
	attr_filter.accounting_response
}

#  Session database, used for checking Simultaneous-Use. Either the radutmp
#  or rlm_sql module can handle this.
#  The rlm_sql module is *much* faster
session {
	radutmp

	#
	#  See "Simultaneous Use Checking Queries" in sql.conf
#	sql
}

post-auth {
	exec
	Post-Auth-Type REJECT {
		attr_filter.access_reject

pre-proxy {
}

#
#  When the server receives a reply to a request it proxied
#  to a home server, the request may be massaged here, in the
#  post-proxy stage.
#
post-proxy {
	eap
}

	I have tried it enabling and disabling radutmp in accounting section.

	As I have already said, this same configuration works with 2.1.8
(default ubuntu package) but not with 2.2.0.

	Any idea?

--
Angel L. Mateo Martínez
Sección de Telemática