Git master branch & Debian build

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Mon Nov 19 18:57:13 CET 2012

On 19 Nov 2012, at 10:47, Olivier Beytrison <olivier at heliosnet.org> wrote:

>>> Yes i've been working on this too today as I need debian packages for a customer, and that's exactly the point where I got to.
>>>
>>> I'm going to continue with it on monday. Feel free to pull from master, it contains a few more fixes.
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I made a fresh clone this morning, and I've been able to make the
>> packages after a few changes to the files in de debian directory. Those
>> files refer to a lot of element which don't seems to exist any more in FR3
>>
>> BTW I'm far from being a debian package expert (in fact it's the first
>> time I really dig into the package building process).
>>
>> Here's a summary of my changes. (the -ok version is the one containing
>> my modifications) : http://pastebin.com/kDrWDdF0
>
> The packages are built, but it's not installing correctly.
>
> The main problem is that the mods-enabled directory is not created, and
> the symlinks are missing. There's quite some more work to do.

Yeah you have a typo, you have mods.enabled, it should be mods-enabled?

I'm also working on this, there was a bug in the MySQL configure script that may have been causing issues with the .so not being built correctly. PostgreSQL and a few others were also missing boilermake files.

> * Starting FreeRADIUS daemon freeradius
>  ...fail!
> invoke-rc.d: initscript freeradius, action "start" failed.
> Processing triggers for ureadahead ...
> Setting up freeradius-ldap (3.0.0git+dfsg-1) ...
> * Checking FreeRADIUS daemon configuration...
>  ...fail!
> invoke-rc.d: initscript freeradius, action "force-reload" failed.
> dpkg: error processing freeradius-ldap (--install):
> subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
> Setting up freeradius-mysql (3.0.0git+dfsg-1) ...
> * Checking FreeRADIUS daemon configuration...
>  ...fail!
> invoke-rc.d: initscript freeradius, action "force-reload" failed.

Seems to be complaining about the daemon not starting after installation (this could be the mods-enabled thing). Why don't you try running it in debug mode and find out what the actual error is?

Those utilities do still exist in FR, it's just the installation scripts are missing, so they're not getting installed to the debian debian/tmp directory. I'm going through fixing them one by one...

-Arran