FreeRadius Novice problems

Tzvika Gelber daragaard at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 21:34:36 CET 2012

Hello,

I'm seeking help as I'm very new to FreeRadius and I'm trying to do a lot
of things that I know FreeRadius can do but I don't know how to do it.

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I'm a novice when it comes to FreeRadius and not that big of an expert in
Linux.

I have FreeRadius installed and I added the user I wanted and I can
authenticate with EAP with my WiFi clients.

Server info:

Core I3 with 2Gb ram running Ubuntu 12.04

Installed:

FreeRadius 2.1.10

L.A.M.P server (full)

My questions:

1.       How do I create users that have a specific vlan attached to them
(say user2 will always associate Vlan2 when connected), user1 is untagged
so it's vlan1, user2 is attached to vlan2 and so on and so on.

a.       As I explained I have one user (untagged) running and working, but
I would like to prevent the locking of this user so a lot of connections
will be allowed to use the same Username (this is a lab environment not
production)

2.       Accounting: how do I enable accounting?

a.       How do I view the accounting file for each connected user?

                                                               i.      And
since I have MySQL installed is there a way to view this on a GUI?

b.      Can I have accounting for none authenticated users (since this is a
Wifi testing lab we need the user to be in "open" mode and Also enable
accounting) – how?

3.       GUI: is there a management GUI for FreeRadius and if so how do I
install it?

Thank you very much.

--
____