Problems with 802.1x

alan buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Tue Nov 20 18:12:45 CET 2012

Hi,
>    I did this question yesterday, but since im new i did a lot of wrong
>    things, like no subject, etc etc.

but you still got a couple of answers.

>    I dont know what is wrong, i THINK its our SQL BD that is not accepting
>    mschap.
>    I would appreciate that people dont answer like "read this, read that, its
>    all explained", like i said, im new on linux, i read everything i found,
>    but didnt got the problem

right. firstly, we say 'rad this' or 'read that' because by reading this or that
you will know what to send - for example, dont bother sending the output of radtest
because it doesnt matter - you need to post the output of radiusd -X

secondly, as per the response you got to your first email

>    server inner-tunnel {
>    # Executing section authorize from file
>    /etc/freeradius/sites-enabled/inner-tunnel

look, server is using the 'inner-tunnel' virtual server

....but finds no suitable user.

because you havent enabled 'sql' function in the inner-tunnel.

look at the 'default' virtual server file. see where it mentions 'sql' - then edit
the inner-tunnel and make sure IT ALSO mentions SQL.

then go and read the docs on deployingradius.org - and at least buy a good book
about FreeRADIUS - only by reading/learning can you get better - or all we are doing
is your job for you - in which case, please start paying us  :|

alan