Git master branch & Debian build

Olivier Beytrison olivier at heliosnet.org
Wed Nov 21 13:50:30 CET 2012

On 21.11.2012 12:00, Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:

>>>  Possibly.
>>
>> Well never mind. It was my system that was left with the package
>> half-installed. purged everything and now the .deb installs correctly.
>>
>> still, there's two issues :
>> 1. the changes made by Arran to move all the modules to boilermake break
>> the linking of rlm_utf8 (see [1] below)
>
> Fixed.

thanks, works like a charm

>> 2. there's a package dependency issue. by default
>> ${raddbdir}/mods-available/cui.conf is in the freeradius package. this
>> files reference to ${raddbdir}/sql/mysql/cui.conf, wich is part of
>> freeradius-mysql package. This mean that freeradius won't start if you
>> don't install freeradius-mysql at the same time. [2]
>>
>> There's also some conflict because mods-available/sql* are both present
>> in package freeradius and freeradius-mysql. Should we not rather select
>> files independently in ${raddbdir}/mods-available/ in place of taking
>> everything (*) for the freeradius package ?
>
> I think there should probably be a package for rlm_sql, and then individual packages for the SQL drivers.

Would be nice indeed. Something to throw in the todo list ;) Or I might
do it if I find enough time. I just need to learn how to add a new
package :p

Aside this, I've been able to compile and make the packages, it
correctly loads the configuration, but I back at a previous problem :
/usr/local/freeradius/etc/raddb/mods-enabled/eap[17]: Failed to link to
module 'rlm_eap': /usr/local/freeradius/lib/rlm_eap.so: undefined
symbol: eap_wireformat
/usr/local/freeradius/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[321]: Failed to
find "eap" in the "modules" section.
/usr/local/freeradius/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[263]: Errors
parsing authenticate section.

Just to be sure that's not due to the debian packaging, I compiled by
hand and installed FR3 in /usr/local/freeradius, but same thing occurs.

Olivier

--

 Olivier Beytrison
 Network & Security Engineer, HES-SO Fribourg
 Mail: olivier at heliosnet.org