problem with test aaa-server in ciscoasa

Matthew Newton mcn4 at leicester.ac.uk
Fri Nov 23 12:33:50 CET 2012

On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 06:47:44PM +0800, studyfordo wrote:
>     I have install freeradius-server-2.2.0, and make test such as ./ratest test test 127.0.0.1 0 testing123.
>  the result is ok.
> so i ass user tsb to users file as following format.
> tsb  Auth-Type := Local, User-Password == "12345678"

That's very out of date, and wrong. Where did you read that you
should do it that way? It should probably be:

tsb    Cleartext-Password := "12345678"

It needs to be at the top of the users file.

> and  add asa ip to clients.
>
>  client  X.X.X.X{
>         secret          = testvpn
>         shortname       =asa5520      }
>
> complete this  I do testing in asa5520 like this
> test asa-server authencation  RadiusVPN host X.X.X.X username tsb password 12345678
> hint  Authentication Rejected: AAA failure
> I debug it. the folloing is details.

This is the FreeRADIUS list. You are likely to get more help if
you send the debug output from FreeRADIUS (radiusd -X).

Matthew

--
Matthew Newton, Ph.D. <mcn4 at le.ac.uk>

Systems Architect (UNIX and Networks), Network Services,
I.T. Services, University of Leicester, Leicester LE1 7RH, United Kingdom

For IT help contact helpdesk extn. 2253, <ithelp at le.ac.uk>