Newbie question about rlm_exec usage

Hoggins! hoggins at wheres5.com
Fri Nov 23 19:03:07 CET 2012

Hello everyone,

We're facing an issue with rlm_exec, or at least Ithink our problem
comes from there.

We use FreeRADIUS for a Wifi access point. We userlm_sql, and our
clients authenticate using 802.1x, with a certificate and a pair of
login/password credentials. Everything works just fine, and we just had
to customize a little bit the SQL queries to match our shared tables.

Now, we would like to use another way of authorizing our users on our
Wifi network. Basically, a script should be called by FreeRADIUS, and
the result of the script would determine whether the user is granted
access or not.To be precise, the script uses a curl callwith POST
parameters (over an SSL connexion), andthe returned result happens to be
the authentication request result. The script works perfectly, exiting
with the correct error code, according to what it should return. Yay !

So we just replaced the line "sql" in the authorize { } with a "curl"
line, "curl" being a module we created, copying the "echo" module. Alas,
it does not work, and mschap complains about the absence of
Cleartext-Password.

So before posting a lotof debug info and our scripts, does this
procedure seem ok to you ?

    Thanks in advance,
        Hoggins!