EAP-TLS constant disconnects

Uros Kolar host.uros at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 09:29:28 CET 2012

Phil, thank you for your reply!

I've tried to debug as you suggest. I run wireshark on the remote side +
tcpdump on the server side.

The results are really interesting and not expected.

As the client is disconnected, it sends an auth request to the server.
Server gets the request and after a successful authentication it sends back
Access-Accept. Client gets this message. However, immediately after a
successful authantication, it starts with the authentication process again
and it loops like that. In the test time Access-Accept was granted 7 times,
but client was still without connection and retrying.

For tests I used a linux client on the remote side. After running dhclient
for a couple of times the connection is usualy restored, sometimes it even
takes to take down the interface and bring it up again to restore the
connection.

As of my understanding this does not prove a weak wifi as a reason for
failure, as it does not prove that it is not the cause for trouble.
Additionaly, there seems te be something else, besides wireless, which I
can't explain, so feel free to commend and sugest!

Regards!