Redundant Freeradius

fknet ffkammer at conchalnet.com.br
Wed Nov 28 21:47:06 CET 2012

Hello people!

Today I've just one FreeBSD server running FreeRadius +MySQL on my
network and now I want to put a redundant server to prevent fails.

I was thinking to use CARP protocol to have the same IP address of the
main server on the backup server and do the MySQL Replication on the
backup server but one friend told me that I can't replicate the radacct
table for a reason that he doesn't know.

My question is: Can I do the full replication of ALL MySQL tables of
Freeradius? Will I have some problem if I replicate the radacct table?

Thanks

Fabrício