rebuilding a FR server

Andrew Precht andrewprecht06 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 20:46:24 CEST 2012

Hi users,
I'm attempting to setup a new virtual FR server on centos6, to replace
an aging FR 1.13-1.6.el5 server. I have got the new server setup per
the docs at freeradius.org.
I've run the simple test using radtest locally and I get an
Access-Accept. Also, using NTradPing remotely I get an Access-Accept.
So, I think I've got the basic freeradius and firewall setup
correctly.
Now the hard part... I have no documentation or knowledge base for the
old FR setup. It is used to authenticate WiFi users against a
proprietary system using a Sybase DB. From what I can tell, it's using
a perl script to talk to the db.
I say this because of two lines in the radiusd.conf. One is:
Auth-Type Perl { perl }  and the other is: perl { module =
/etc/raddb/sjsu.pl }

My question is: Is it as easy as adding the same two lines to my new
FR 2.1.12  radiusd.conf and copying over the sjsu.pl to get it to use
the perl script?

Please advise, thanks for any help...