Encode multiple sub-attributes in single vsa?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sat Oct 6 13:03:40 CEST 2012

Far.Runner wrote:
> I need to test a radius client, one test item is to see if the client
> could handle a VSA includes multiple sub-attrs, so I need a radius
> server that could generate an access-accept that contains such VSA.

  You can use the Perl RADIUS libraries to create a packet.

  Or, use "Raw-Attribute" in FreeRADIUS.  It puts data into a packet
exactly as-is.  It means that you do the work of creating a VSA with
subattributes, and FreeRADIUS handles all of the signing, packet
sending, etc.

  e.g.:

bob	Cleartext-Password := "bob"
	Raw-Attribute = 0x1a1200000001010612345678020612345678"

  You'll have to create the contents of the VSA by hand.