Force a freeradius proxy server to parse users file to append AV Pairs to reply

Gianni Costanzi gianni.costanzi at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 16:40:13 CEST 2012

Hi,
I have the following setup:

(A) CLIENT ROUTER <---> (B) Freeradius 2.2.0 <--> (C) Other radius server

I configured a realm on (B) to proxy requests toward radius server
(C). For example, the realm is XYZ and
the user is USER, so when on router (A) USER at XYZ tries to
authenticate, (B) proxies the request sending
user USER with the given password to (C). Then (C) replies to (B),
which forwards the reply back to (A), WITHOUT
looking at the users file, where I've defined the following:

USER  Auth-Type = System
        Service-Type = Administrative-User

In fact, the user privileges are not returned back to the router (A).
I've tried also to ad the non-stripped user to
the users file without luck:

USERXYZ  Auth-Type = System
        Service-Type = Administrative-User

How and where should I configure the post_proxy section in order to
tell to (B) when you get replies from (C) for a
particular realm then look at your users file to append attributes to the reply?

Thanks in advance for any help.
   Gianni