EAP-TLS Machine-Auth Windows: difference between LAN and WiFi

Alexandros Gougousoudis gougousoudis-list at servicecenter-khs.de
Thu Oct 11 13:43:16 CEST 2012

Hi,

we're using FR 2.0 for our machine authentication for XP to Win7 with
EAP-TLS. Everything is working so far, but I noticed a difference
between authenticating via WLAN and LAN, which starts to be a problem
for us now. If I make a auth via LAN the provided username ist
<hostname>, if I do it via WLAN it is host/<hostname>. While we use
"host/" as a realm for our Radsecproxy, I'd like to change the
behauviour for the authentication via LAN and add a string to the
<hostname> (i.e. "host/" or something else) to unify the login for WLAN
an LAN.

So how or where can I change that? A hint will be really welcome.

TIA
 Alex