Adding reply AVPs to a replicated proxy request

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Wed Sep 12 12:34:09 CEST 2012

On 12 Sep 2012, at 11:12, Chadwick Sorrell <mirotrem at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm using replicate to proxy my authorization and accounting requests
> to a server.  I'm curious if it's possible to add some of the auth
> reply attributes to the auth proxy before I send it over.  That way
> the proxied auth has both the request and the reply.

IIRC, no. It just calls rad_send, it doesn't run the request through any proxy sections.

https://github.com/alandekok/freeradius-server/blob/master/src/modules/rlm_replicate/rlm_replicate.c#L170
https://github.com/alandekok/freeradius-server/blob/master/src/lib/radius.c#L239

If you want to do this, bind a virtual server to the loopback interface on a different port,
and replicate to there.

-Arran