Segmentation fault when linking 2.2.0 against openSSL 1.0.1c

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Sep 17 10:25:52 CEST 2012

Stefan Winter wrote:
> until today, I have been running FreeRADIUS 2.2.0 successfully with a
> system-supplied openSSL.
>
> Today, I compiled with
>
> --with-openssl
> --with-openssl-includes=/usr/local/freeradius/openssl-1.0.1c/include/openssl
>
> --with-openssl-libraries=/usr/local/freeradius/openssl-1.0.1c/lib
>
> the path is in ld.so.conf, and ldd shows that linking against this new
> version works.

  Are you sure?  The "openssl SEGV" problem is almost always because you
have two versions of OpenSSL installed.

  What is likely happening is that the compile stage is picking up the
system-supplied OpenSSL include files.  The way to test this is to
rename / move them, do the build, and then the install.

  If it now works, it was picking up OpenSSL X, and linking against
OpenSSL Y.