read ldap groups for a user not specified in User-Name

Matthew Newton mcn4 at leicester.ac.uk
Thu Sep 27 23:58:42 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 05:47:06PM +0000, David Aldwinckle wrote:
> The problem with that is that I don't know how to get FreeRadius
> to read the groups for an arbitrary user that is not %User-Name.
> Can I copy another variable into the User-Name attribute in
> Post-Auth, and then do the group check there?

Look at the filter option for the ldap module. You can set it to
search for anything, not necessarily just User-Name.

Use a second instantiation of the ldap module to do your locked
user checks on the main LDAP server after you've first searched
for User-Name on the guest LDAP server (and pulled back the local
user's account name - see ldap.attrmap).

Cheers,

Matthew

--
Matthew Newton, Ph.D. <mcn4 at le.ac.uk>

Systems Architect (UNIX and Networks), Network Services,
I.T. Services, University of Leicester, Leicester LE1 7RH, United Kingdom

For IT help contact helpdesk extn. 2253, <ithelp at le.ac.uk>