compile with ldap support

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Thu Apr 11 16:10:28 CEST 2013

On 04/10/2013 10:24 PM, Alan DeKok wrote:
> Chris Taylor wrote:
>> How do I check that I have them installed I have the openldap rpm installed.
>
>    This is really a question for your OS vendor.  How about "man rpm"?
> Or google?

If you're working on a Fedora/RHEL/CentOS etc. type system then
yum-builddep is your friend. I know you're trying to build from source
and not build an RPM but if you have a srpm or spec file you can use
yum-builddep to get your build dependencies installed. Or you can look
at a spec file and find all the BuildRequires and install those.

Think of a rpm spec file as a "recipe" for building. If you're not sure
what ingredients you need then consult the recipe.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/