FreeRADIUS using InnoDB.

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Apr 17 17:20:21 CEST 2013

Hi,

>    Are there any problem known about FreeRADIUS use with InnoDB as engine of
>    MySQL?

not that I am aware of. I used InnoDB with MySQL and FreeRADIUS for a couple
of years until I got so fed up of spending my time trying to optimise the DB
to its maximum nth degree that I just moved wholesale to PostgreSQL - which worked
almost as fast out of the box with pretty much zero optimisation required!

>    I know that FreeRADIUS has been developed for using MyISAM as engine but I
>    think that could improve FreeRADIUS' performance.

oh yes, InnoDB will have quite a big performance improvemet over noddy MyISAM -
why MyISAM is still the default is beyond me.....but until the distros use
InnoDB and have it present by default then it would be wearisome for FreeRADIUS
to expect it - as asking for ENGINE=InnoDB when the underlying server doesnt support
it is just a recipe for another fail.

alan