Normalising the User-Name AVP in an Access-Accept

Alex Sharaz alex.sharaz at york.ac.uk
Thu Apr 18 18:00:09 CEST 2013

So which id are you talking about?
if its the outer and the user has configured the machine correctly, all you're going to see is @realm - not much use other than "it's that institution"
if its the inner then o.k. you've got a realm from the outer user-name and a userid from the inner but any accounting will be dumped locally.
if its the inner and you've got a realm then you've got your userid to hand over and all the accounting should go back to the home institution

… or have I got that wrong?
Rgds