Procautions on upgrading FR from 2.1.10 to 2.2.0

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Tue Apr 23 16:59:21 CEST 2013

Hi,

>    I am planning to upgrade our FR from 2.1.10 to 2.2.0 to address increasing
>    NTLM authentication failures using EAP-MSCHAPv2 in our wireless systems.
>    I would welcome and appreciate advice on precautions I should take before,
>    during, and after upgrade. Any issue did you run into in your upgrade,
>    what impacts it had, and how did you resolve it?

straight forward install from source over the old one....

you can compare recursively the 2.1.10 raddb directory against the 2.2.0 raddb directory -
which is essential to note the new features/options as if you do an install over the
top, then only new (unedited) files get created, all old files are untouched...which
means that your config files dont contain comments/options for new features

alan