Limit internet bandwidth but not local

Fabrizio bullet.sh23 at yahoo.it
Mon Aug 5 17:34:43 CEST 2013

Hi to all,
i'm using FreeRADIUS Version 2.1.10 with rp-pppoe-3.11 as NAS.

I would like to configure this system to be able to limit the user
internet bandwidth ( this is possible by WISPr-Bandwidth-Max-Down and
WISPr-Bandwidth-Max-Up attributes ) but at the same time allow local
user's traffic (i.e. to my smtp or ftp server) to be guaranteed at
maximum speed. How can i do this?

Below a simple schema of the my configuration.

PPPoE machine:

|eth0|    -    |eth1|    -    |eth2|    -    |pppX|

|Internet|  |to Servers|  |PPPoE| |interface created on users connection|

		|(SMTP,|

		|radius)|

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Fabrizio Pappolla.