How to store session info in external database?

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Tue Aug 6 14:13:38 CEST 2013

Hi,

>    Hi, I would like to store freeradius session information like
>    Acct-Session-Id, Acct-Start-Time, Acct-Stop-Time, Acct-Input-Octets,
>    Acct-Output-Octets, Framed-IP-Address, NAS-IP-Address in external
>    database.

the defauly config does this - you just need to edit the SQL module to
be appropriate to your database (and have a DB you can write to!) and then
use the 'sql' option in the accounting section (thats the section that will have
those details as they are in RADIUS Accounting packets).

>            accounting {
>            #   sql
>            }

look. there.

to optimise you might then want to look at other virtual servers to do this stuff like
bufferedsql or the remote accounting proxy one.....and then make sure your DB is
optimised....both running environment (memory allocation, disk platters etc) , the
table indexes and the DB engine used for the tables.

alan