pptpd mschap auth fails

Horatiu Nimigean horatiu.nimigean at ddnet.ro
Tue Aug 6 18:39:28 CEST 2013

oook.... the damn password is "letmein" for testing purposes.
i can't seriously mistype it that many times.

and i did not. it turns out lam successfully reports changing both unix
and samba passwords but upon closer inspection and verifying with
smbencrypt cli tool the samba hases are NOT updated.

Apologies.
upon editing with apache directory studio it auths perfectly. both from
win8 client as well as radtest.
thanks for strongly pointing out that indeed there s a problem with the
damn hashes.

Cheers.