Configuring the DHCP module to forward request to another Radius server.

Fabrice-externe SEGURA fabrice-externe.segura at erdfdistribution.fr
Thu Aug 8 09:19:30 CEST 2013

Hi.

I'm trying to use Freeradius 2.2.0 to catch DHCP request on a local
network (a specific interface and physical network of my machine), and
forward it to another radius server (through another interface), using the
radius protocol, to get authorized, and get the IP address to respond with
to the DHCP request.

I managed to successfully install freeradius, the DHCP module listens and
interpret properly incoming requests (and performs properly some attribute
rewrites), but I can't find out what line(s) I should put in the "dhcp
DHCP-Discover" section of dhcp.conf, to turn the incoming DHCP request
into an outgoing radius request to get IP address and authorization from
the other radius server (basically, do the proxy job !).  I see that there
is an example to get authorization and IP allocation  with "mac2ip"
locally, based on a file, but not how to trigger the forwarding of a new
request.

Any advice / idea ?