Problems setting up a freeradius server with PEAP

Jochen Gatternig jochen at gatternig.com
Thu Aug 8 18:53:19 CEST 2013

Hello

I am currently trying to setup a Freeradius server on a SUSE 12.04. I tried
with the packaged version and a version compiled from source (both 2.20).

What works is the basic username/password authentication. As soon as I
create the certificates (CA, server & client) and try to fire up the
server, I'm getting the following error messages:

rlm_eap: SSL error error:06065064:digital envelope
routines:EVP_DecryptFinal_ex:bad decrypt
rlm_eap_tls: Error reading private key file
/usr/local/etc/raddb/certs/server.pem
rlm_eap: Failed to initialize type tls
/usr/local/etc/raddb/eap.conf[17]: Instantiation failed for module "eap"
/usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[310]: Failed to find "eap" in
the "modules" section.
/usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[252]: Errors parsing
authenticate section.

The eap.conf file has been modified:
default_eap_type = peap

However, the error appers regardless of the default_eap_type parameter. All
other settings remained standard.

Does anyone know how to handle this problem?

Thanks!

Regards
Jochen