FR3.0/Policy.D

ultaman khoo ultaman.khoo at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 01:39:01 CEST 2013

ultaman khoo wrote:
> I have faced an issue with NAS IP Changes

  RADIUS assumes that NAS IPs don't change.  If they do, you are running
a VERY unusual system.
Do you mean it doesnt conform to the radius acct RFC standard in this case?
if im get it right the FR3.0 should have take care of the NAS IP changes
this issue right?

> causes radius accouting insert
> instead of update, this has causes an issue with the reporting wenever
> the NAS IP changes, for example the usage of the users will be duplicate
> if you sum up the usage for 1 day for example.

  You will need to update the SQL queries and database schema to use a
field OTHER than NAS IP Address.

well im no coding guy nor sql guy, so i guess if the policy.d doesnt
work..i have to look for alternative... for example get back to NAS vendor
:(