CISCO ASA VPN3000 dictionary

Olivier Beytrison olivier at heliosnet.org
Wed Aug 28 18:17:29 CEST 2013

On 28.08.2013 17:48, Alan DeKok wrote:
> Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:
>> In that list they have type 'boolean', but RADIUS can't encode attributes smaller than a byte.
>>
>> For boolean does anyone know if they really mean a standard 32bit integer with the values 0/1, or
>> if they're wanting a single byte with the values 0/1, or whether it's some other cisco craziness?
>
>   My guess is that it's a single byte.  In v2.2.x, that's "byte" type.
Well not all attributes changed between the VPN3000 and the ASA. Those
indicated as "boolean" in the ASA documentation were in fact integers in
the VPN3000.

With Arran we suppose they made a lazy copy-past from the LDAP part of
the document.

Olivier
--

 Olivier Beytrison
 Network & Security Engineer, HES-SO Fribourg
 Mail: olivier at heliosnet.org