EAP logging

Andrej andrej.groups at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 00:39:50 CEST 2013

On 28 August 2013 18:49, Alan Buxey <A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk> wrote:
Thanks Alan,

> Your reference is wrong/unknown which means that there's a noop. This means
> no operation which means no fticks output

This brings me back to my earlier question: what values are available
where, and when,
via which mechanism?

I think I still don't fully understand how modules hang together, how
I pass information
from e.g. an EAP request into line-log, or, looking at
sites-enabled/eap-inner-tunnel, how
I tell f_ticks (or linelog, or any other modules for that matter)
which values I'd like to work
with.

I would like f_ticks to write out a single line into syslog that
contains the inner and outer
identity of an authentication request, the station ID and MAC address.

In case of a successful authentication or rejection I'd like to have
the inner identity and a status on a line,

Can anyone point me at a walk-through or how-to?  I've now spent days
flicking from one wiki-page to
the next, and reading mailing list archives w/o find anything that
helps me understand.